In this day and age, buying almost anything starts with an online search. With over 50% of the global population being 30 or younger and tech-savvy, what better way to reach them than through the place they spend most of their time on – the internet?
So, what exactly is digital marketing? It’s a brand’s way of promoting itself via digital platforms to connect with and engage with potential and existing customers. Email, social media, and web-based advertising are just a few examples of online channels used in digital marketing strategies. Digital marketing has been identified as one of the key industries to drive the new economy in Singapore and is also widely viewed as a must-have skill for any insurance agent to possess.
Why is digital marketing the Holy Grail for business success? It’s simple – because that’s where your customers are!
Digital marketing is especially relevant for traditionally slow-to-adapt industries such as insurance. It helps overcome challenges such as lack of transparency, customer distrust, and low accountability on sales agents due to dominant offline sales. Traditional marketing strategies have high costs and low investment returns in a competitive market, making digital marketing an affordable opportunity for insurance marketing activities that are more accessible to track and monitor campaigns, interact through various digital channels, and help improve customer relations.
To help you succeed in your insurance career, here are the top 10 insurance digital marketing insights:
- Determine your customer base and requirements to build a hyper-personalized marketing plan that suits their needs.
- Ensure your company website has crucial information, easy navigation, and the right call-to-action buttons.
- To showcase your expertise, offer high-quality content on your website and social media handles.
- Use compelling gated content like case studies and e-Books to collect solid leads that enrich your customer base.
- Craft effective email campaigns and personalized email chains with value-added information to improve customer trust and ROI.
- Optimize your website for search engines, including relevant keywords, alt images, and link building to improve your page ranks.
- Consistently post valuable content on two or three social media platforms to improve customer engagement.
- Repurpose quality content to reach readers that prefer different mediums and writing formats.
- Automate your marketing efforts with the right tools and software to maintain a stable data flow across your marketing channels.
- Conduct research and A/B testing to determine the type of content, platforms, and mediums that work best for your agency.
WSQ Courses for Digital Marketing for Insurance Agents
The Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) is a national credentialing system in Singapore that trains, develops, assesses, and recognises individuals for their competencies and skills.
WSQ courses are funded by the Singapore government and are available to Singapore citizens and permanent residents. These courses cover a wide range of industries and sectors, including healthcare, logistics, and finance. WSQ courses are typically designed to provide learners with practical skills and knowledge that are relevant to their industry or occupation. Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded a WSQ certification that is recognised by employers in Singapore and the fees can be fully funded by WSQ.
It is important to note that WSQ courses are only available to Singapore citizens and permanent residents, and that there may be eligibility criteria that you need to meet in order to qualify for funding.
Digital Marketing Courses Suitable for Insurance Agents
Social Media Branding
A practical and hands-on approach towards online brand-building through social media platforms
Paid Online Marketing
Stop wasting money on paid advertisements & learn the correct strategies & methods to maximise your advertising dollar.
Search Engine Optimisation
Learn how you can optimise your online presence even more through this hands-on course.
Learn more about the courses we provide